Heartland Health is an integrated health delivery system, which includes Heartland Regional Medical Center, Heartland Clinic, Heartland Foundation and Community Health Improvement Solutions. Founded in St. Joseph in 1984, Heartland seeks to improve the health of area individuals and communities and to provide the right care, at the right time, in the right place, at the right cost with outcomes second to none. Commitment to this mission has enabled Heartland Health to become the leader in health care in a 21-county area of northwest Missouri, northeast Kansas and southeast Nebraska. Providing exceptional care and service in an honest, respectful, trustworthy and caring manner is simply the way Heartland operates.
Such dedication has enabled us to create a unique foundation to serve the diverse needs of our community. Though technology is important to health care, those who work at Heartland understand that such advanced capabilities, changes and innovations can be fleeting. More importantly, we count on people, and it's this humanistic approach that has secured our status as one of the best health-care organizations in the nation. Like you, we make it our mission to ensure that health care is never just a business.
As a Heartland caregiver, you will have a robust benefit plan including:
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Lifecare ®,a life event management service offered 24 hours a day, seven days a week with access to concierge services, referral services and an on-line discount center with special offers on travel, entertainment, shopping and more
- Wellness Connections, featuring group exercise (e.g., aerobics, Tai Chi, Yoga, strength training, etc.) and education, all provided in a beautiful new Wellness Center packed with state-of-the-art exercise equipment
- Continuing education funding through our Growth and Development program
- A recognition program, developed by our own employees, to reward team members who go above and beyond to provide very good care for our patients and their coworkers
Residency Program Information
Required core rotations begin July 1:
- Orientation/institutional practice (July) Internal medicine
- Critical care
- Internal medicine
- Infectious disease
- Drug information
- Informatics/practice management
- Mental health
- Electives - A special interest in a • particular setting can be arranged or extended to a 6 - 8 week rotation.