Mosaic Life Care Announces Community Connect Funding Recipients
Mosaic Life Care announced the funding recipients of year two of the Community Connect program for population health. Community Connect is a Request for Proposal (RFP) process in which nonprofit community organizations may apply for funding to implement innovative programs that address one or more of the three primary health needs as determined by the recently completed Community Health Needs Assessment:
- Social determinants that affect access to health care (Healthy People 2020 framework)
- Obesity prevention
- Mental Health
The Community Connect allocations committee within Mosaic Life Care reviewed and scored each application to award funding.
Agencies receiving funding:
- Bartlett Center - Expanded Youth Program
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater St. Joseph - Mentoring Children Experiencing Trauma and Adults Committed to Educating Children
- Catholic Charities - Welcome Center
- Community Missions Corporation, Inc. - 8th Street Drop-in Center
- Faith in Action - Transportation Ministry
- Family Guidance Center for Behavioral Healthcare - Continued payment – Capital Campaign
- HEALTH - Poverty Project
- Habitat for Humanity - Faraon Street Revitalization
- Hillcrest Transitional Housing of Buchanan County - Transitional Housing for the Homeless
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri - St. Joseph Healthy Housing Project
- MidCity Excellence - encourage Youth Program
- Northwest MO Children's Advocacy Center - In-School Counselor and Parent Educator
- Second Harvest Community Food Bank - Second Harvest Fresh Mobile Pantry
- YWCA of St. Joseph - Healthy Teen Parents/ Healthy Babies
Total funded: $1,200,000
Due to multi-year funding requests, we will not be calling for Community Connect proposals this fiscal year. We are working on the new CHNA and will be accepting proposals again in July of 2019.
Questions regarding Community Connect? Contact Marcy George, (816) 271-7021, firstname.lastname@example.org.