Why did you choose to become a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant?
I became interested in sports medicine because it is a specialty where the patient is motivated to get back on the field. The athlete needs me right away and I can help them hopefully, get better quickly and back to their sport.
Why Mosaic Life Care?
Mosaic Life Care is a growing health system expanding their sports medicine practice – what a great opportunity to be a part of this program from the ground level. While I have been a part of start up programs before, the enthusiasm here makes this especially exciting.
Procedures and Diagnosis
- Growth plate apophysis and epiphysis injuries (overuse injuries)
- Muscle/ligament/tendon injury – sprains, strains and acute injuries
- Back Pain – muscular and stress fracture
- Knee Pain – acute injury, trauma, overuse, growth issues
- Overuse bone injury – stress fracture, acute fracture, bone bruises
- Growth concerns
- Exercise induced asthma/bronchoconstriction
Education and Certifications
University of Health Sciences, Kansas City, MO
American Board of Pediatrics
University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
Deaconess Health System, St. Louis, MO