A MISSION OF COMPASSION
Early Detection - Our goal is to reduce the mortality rate of breast cancer in our community through early detection and access to treatment.
- Rapid appointments and streamlined scheduling
- A dedicated, caring, and highly-trained staff that is sensitive to every patient's experience
- Attractive and comfortable surroundings that include personal touches like plush robes.
- Private consultation room that can accommodate patients and their families for treatment discussions.
- A unique Nurse Navigator who serves as a treatment guide for future care, answering questions, explaining treatment options, navigating the health care system, and supporting breast cancer patients throughout the continuum of care
- Access to all medical disciplines providing breast care
- Support groups, educational materials, resource library, and survivorship programs
A VISION OF EXCELLENCE
The staff and facilities of The Breast Center at Heartland Regional Medical Center meet the most stringent requirements for quality excellence certification. The Breast Center is a Certified Program Participant in the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers Quality of Excellence Program. To become a Breast Center of Excellence, participants are required to supply clinical quality outcomes into a national data base. Outcomes are compared with other like centers and those centers meeting the top 25th percentile progress in the program. This is a 3 year process. The Breast Center is currently in the second year of this process.
Advanced Quality Breast Care
The Breast Center at Heartland organizes the management of breast diseases, including the screening, diagnosis, and access to early treatment options for breast cancer in a coordinated, integrated, and multidisciplinary approach.
- State-of-the-art GE Digital Screening/Diagnostic Mammography at two locations, Computerized Aided Detection, Stereotactic Image Guided Biopsy, Mammography Reporting Information System, Bone Density, Ultrasound, Ultrasound Guided Biopsy and Breast MRI Diagnosis and Biopsy Capability
- Members of the National Consortium of Breast Centers, Inc. and National Program for the Accreditation of Breast Centers
- Heartland Breast Health Center Services fulfills all regulatory requirements for MQSA and TDH certification
- Medical leadership from the most utilized surgical group in our area