Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – noon
1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Phone Number:Treatment Center: (816) 271-7979 or (800) 443-8858
For DXA scheduling, call (816) 271-7979 or (800) 443-8858
Arthritis Community Services
Northwest Missouri Regional Arthritis/MEAC: (816) 271-7057
802 N. Riverside Road, Suite 140
St. Joseph, MO 64507
802 N. Riverside Road, Suite 160
St. Joseph, MO 64507
Arthritis does have many faces, and because of this, it is the number one crippling disease throughout the state of Missouri. More than 1.4 million Missourians have arthritis, that's one in every six people. Based on a survey done by the Missouri Arthritis Program, this equals about one out of every three persons over 18 years of age. In addition, there could be as many as 5,000 children in the state afflicted as well, and the number of diagnosed cases keeps growing.
Looking At Figures...
- Arthritis is a term that refers to more than 100 related Rheumatic diseases or conditions, each with different symptoms and patterns and each requiring different treatments.
- Arthritis affects more than 46 million Americans.
- Arthritis affects people of all age groups, including as many as 294,000 children.
- In the workplace, arthritis is responsible for the annual loss of 45 million work days, $127.8 billion in lost wages and medical care.
- Overall, arthritis costs the American economy an estimated $128 billion a year.
- Arthritis constitutes the most widespread crippling disease in Missouri.
Warning Signs of Arthritis
- Swelling (sometimes)
- Difficulty moving a joint
Services available at the Arthritis Center:
- Free Information - Facts about, and advice on how to cope with arthritis are available at the various literature sites which are maintained in the area.
- Joint Venture Library
- Self Help Aids
- Speaker's Bureau - Featuring professionals who will speak on arthritis-related topics for clubs, community organizations or religious gatherings.
- Community Education - Conducted by physicians and other healthcare professionals who work daily with people suffering from arthritis.
- Group Activity Classes - Water exercises, AF Exercise, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Disease self-management courses and arthritis toolkit.
- Referrals - For early diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitative care, and other appropriate community resources.
- Patee Market Healthcare Center - An indigent clinic providing health benefits for people with arthritis.
Doctors and Nurse Practitioners
Mosaic Life Care at St. Joseph - Rheumatology CareOther Locations:
(Ages 18 and up)
Mosaic Life Care at St. Joseph - Rheumatology Care