Mosaic Life Care at St. Joseph - Wound Care
Phone: (816) 271-7546
Fax: (816) 271-7531
7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday – Friday
Wound Care and Hyperbaric Therapy
Mosaic Life Care at St. Joseph - Wound Care is primarily an outpatient department providing a comprehensive program to heal complex or chronic wounds. Patients have a thorough evaluation to determine all causes of chronic wounds, then an individualized plan of care is provided. During their care, a patient may have a series of outpatient visits over a period of time. During these visits, they will continue in the care of their primary care physician and other specialty providers as our focus is wound healing.
As a department of Mosaic Life Care at St. Joseph -Medical Center, patients also benefit from an on–site collaboration with physical therapy, nutritionists, social workers (care managers) and diabetes education as well as access to full range of diagnostic services.
Treatments provided by Wound Care:
- Simple and complex dressing change
- Compression therapy
- Specialized medication to aid in tissue growth and healing
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy — Read more about hyperbaric oxygen
- Patient education in dressing and wound care
Nearly 5 million Americans suffer from chronic wounds.
– 1.5 million have diabetic ulcers
– 2.5 million have pressure ulcers
– 1 million have circulation related ulcers (venous or arterial)
– Others have wounds from traumatic injury, non–healing surgical excisions or other diseases
What to do if you or a family member has a wound that won’t heal?
There is helpful information about wounds and wound care in the Care Guides section of this site. Additionally, you should ask your physician or local hospital about dedicated wound care centers in your community. They will refer you to one that is best able to help you heal.
Accepting New Patients
901 Heartland Road, Plaza 2
Saint Joseph, MO 64506