Diabetes & Endocrinology
Diabetes can control your life or you can control diabetes. The choice is yours. We can help.
Working with your doctor, our team of registered nurses and dietitians, will help you learn to control your diabetes by creating a plan just for you that includes a wide range of options.
Comprehensive diabetes self-management education
Education sessions are available morning, afternoon and evening that cover the following areas:
- Diabetes overview - What is Diabetes?
- Self-monitoring blood glucose
- Healthy eating/meal planning
- Carbohydrate counting
- Physical activity
- Acute and chronic complications
- Goal setting/behavior change
- Problem solving/pattern management
- Coping and emotional aspects of diabetes
- Insulin pump initiation/education
- Hyperlipidemia education
- Weight management education
- Instruction on injection of medication
- Diabetes and pregnancy education and follow-up
- Pre-diabetes education
Scientific research has proven that controlling your blood sugar levels can reduce the long term complications of diabetes. Helping you learn to control your blood sugar levels over the long term is what our diabetes program is all about.
Take the Diabetes Risk Assessment to see if you are at risk of having or developing diabetes.