If you are experiencing heart attack symptoms, call 9-1-1 right away.
Mosaic Life Care is committed to keeping your heart healthy. Understand the facts so you can detect the signs and symptoms of a heart attack.
Heart attack signs and symptoms
- Uncomfortable pressure, fullness, squeezing, or pain in the center of the chest lasting several minutes.
- Chest discomfort spreading to the shoulders, neck, back one or both arms or jaw.
- Chest discomfort with light-headedness, dizziness, fainting, sweating, nausea or vomiting.
- Unexplained sudden shortness of breath, which occurring with or without chest discomfort.
- The most common symptom of chest discomfort is often described as pressure or tightness.
Early heart attack symptoms
- Chest pressure, squeezing or discomfort
- Pain that travels down one or both arms
- Arm, jaw or back pain
- Shortness of breath
- Excessive sweating
When to call 9-1-1
If you experience any of the above heart attack symptoms, call 9-1-1 right away. This is crucial because paramedics can start treatment immediately. Calling 9-1-1 can prevent or treat sudden cardiac death. Do not try to drive yourself to the hospital. Survive — don’t drive!