Mosaic Life Care - Hospice is a coordinated program of health care which works under the direction of the patient’s attending physician to provide medical, psycho-social and spiritual care for patients and families coping with life threatening illness. Services are provided by a variety of trained individuals who are part of the Hospice expert team.
- Affirms life by improving the quality of care available for the dying and their families.
- Provides care in the home or in a nursing facility where the patient is among familiar surroundings. Short-term inpatient care for the management of acute symptoms which cannot be managed in the home/nursing facility is available.
- May be offered to persons terminally ill with a wide variety of diagnoses including heart disease, dementia, renal failure, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), AIDS and cancer.
- Is provided regardless of ability to pay, thanks to gifts from individuals, organizations, churches, synagogues, businesses, foundations and memorials.
- Offers bereavement follow-up to caregivers of patients we serve.
- Mosaic Life Care - Hospice is committed to serving the community guided by The Hospice Standard of Care.
You may receive hospice services if:
- You consent to receive hospice care
- Your physician orders hospice care
- Your physician and the hospice medical director certify that you qualify for hospice based on your diagnosis and life expectancy
To request a consult or to make a referral:
To make a referral or receive more information on Hospice services, call our St. Joseph office at 816-271-7190
Mosaic Life Care - Hospice has offices in St. Joseph, Missouri and Stanberry, Missouri, and is licensed to provide care in the following counties:
We honor Veterans
Mosaic Life Care - Hospice is proud to support our Veterans and provides services that are sensitive to Veterans’ end-of-life care needs.
Mosaic Life Care - Hospice offers individual and group bereavement services. We also keep a list of support groups available in the community. For information call 816-271-7190 and ask to speak to one of our bereavement staff.
Someone you love has died. You are now faced with the difficult, but important, need to mourn. Mourning is the open expression of your thoughts and feelings regarding the death and the person who died. It is an essential part of healing. The following articles provide many practical suggestions to help you move toward healing in your unique grief journey.
Be a Hospice Volunteer:
We welcome you to consider training to become a hospice volunteer. Volunteers are needed for both our St. Joseph and Stanberry office to serve in any of the following ways:
- Patient care
- Special projects, sewing, heirlooms
Contact Laura Bodicky or Kari Maag at 816-271-7068 or Ginger Summa at 660-783-9503 for more information or submit your request online.
To make a contribution:
Mosaic Life Care - Hospice is thankful for memorial gifts and other contributions that enable us to provide care to those with no financial resources, and to respond to patient and family needs that go beyond what is normally included in hospice care. If you wish to make a contribution, you can donate to Mosaic Life Care - Hospice.
Resource Center – The Center is open by appointment. Call Mosaic Life Care - Hospice at (816) 271-7190 or Spiritual Health Services at (816) 271-6040 to schedule an appointment to review literature.
Support Groups – In partnership with Mosaic Life Care - Hospice, the Center offers two grief support groups that meet at the Mosaic Life Care Business Plaza. One is open to anyone grieving a loss. The other, called “Widowed Too Young,” is offered to persons under 60 who have lost a spouse. For information about these groups and their meeting schedule, call Mosaic Life Care - Hospice at (816) 271-7190 and request to speak with one of the bereavement staff.
- The Center maintains a current list of grief and loss support groups in the community.
- Hope House is available to host grief and loss groups.
Grief Education Series – The Hope House Center for Grief and Loss hosts four seminars each year which focus on a variety of grief topics. These are open to the public. For information and a schedule, call either Mosaic Life Care - Hospice at (816) 271-7190 or Spiritual Health Services at (816) 271-6040.
For additional information, call Mosaic Life Care - Hospice at (816) 271-7190 or Spiritual Health Services at (816) 271-6040..