Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care operates this website (“Site”) for your convenience to provide information about the services and resources Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care offers, and to help you be a partner in your healthcare. By accessing and using this Site, you agree to all of the terms and conditions stated here, as well as any additional terms and conditions that might be applicable to a specific area of this Site.
- Limitations on Use. You are able to access certain parts of your electronic medical record. The information in the individually identifiable medical information area of the Site is confidential, and you will have to supply a user name and password to enter that part of the Site. You are responsible for protecting your username and password. You should not ever permit anyone else to use your username and password. Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care is not responsible for any loss of privacy or confidentiality that occurs because your username or password was misused, or because you gave another person the right to view your information. You may only obtain a username and password, and may only access the information on this Site, if you are at least 18 years old. If you permit another person to link to or otherwise access your information, you understand that Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care is not responsible for how that other person uses the information.
- No Misuse of Passwords. By signing in to the Site using a username and password, you are promising that you are the person who is assigned to that username or password. You may use your username and password to view your information, or the information of others, such as a child or other family member; if you are authorized to view that information. Any attempt to access another person's information without permission is prohibited and may be against the law.
- Medical Record Information. Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care provides you access to this medical information to help you be a partner in care. The information available to you for viewing is not a comprehensive view of your medical record. If you notice any mistakes in the provided information, you must immediately notify Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care via the Contact Us page. While Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care tries to keep the information accurate and up-to-date, HEARTLAND HEALTH/MOSAIC LIFE CARE AND ITS AFFILIATES, PHYSICIANS AND EMPLOYEES DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION ABOUT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR CONTENT OF THE INFORMATION DISPLAYED ON THIS SITE OR ABOUT THE FITNESS OF THE INFORMATION FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some states may not allow disclaimer of implied or express warranties. If applicable law limits or prohibits disclaimers, this provision may not apply to you. This disclaimer is intended to and should be construed to apply to the fullest extent allowed by applicable law.
- Disclosure of Information. Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care may, in Heartland Heath’s/Mosaic Life Care’s discretion, disclose any information necessary to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
- No Medical Advice Given. Other than your individual medical record information and correspondence with your provider via the use of secure messaging, the information posted on or available through this Site is for general informational and educational purposes. It is not medical advice and is not intended as a substitute for consultation with a qualified physician or other medical professional. If you are seeking medical advice or attention, you should consult your physician or other health care professional.
- Links to Third Party Content. Any links on this Site to third-party websites are for your convenience, as such, you access them at your own risk. If you use any links to third-party websites, you will be leaving the Site. Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care is not responsible for and does not monitor the content of any linked third-party websites. The fact that the Site may include links to any third-party websites does not imply any relationship, sponsorship, endorsement, promotion, recommendation or warranty by Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care of that third-party web site or any products, services or information available through such third-party web sites.
- Accuracy of Information. Information made available through the Site may contain errors or inaccuracies or may be incomplete. Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care is not responsible for any loss or damage relating to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information contained on the Site.
- Disclaimer of Liability. By using this Site you assume all of the risk and responsibility for your use. Neither Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care nor its employees, officers, directors, agents or affiliates will be liable to you for any reason in connection with or arising out of your use of the Site. In particular, and without limiting the scope of this provision, your use of the Site constitutes an agreement that neither Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care nor any of its officers, directors, employees, or agents, will be liable to you for any direct, indirect, or consequential damages that may result from your use of the Site, your inability to use the Site, your reliance on any Content available through the Site, including, without limitation, Content available through third-party links; errors, omissions, interruptions of availability, loss or corruption of data, or damage to your computers or information systems. If complete disclaimer of liability is not permitted under law, Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care's entire liability shall be limited to the amount of one U.S. dollar ($1.00).
- Communication with Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR ALL HEALTH ISSUES, PARTICULARLY THOSE OF AN URGENT NATURE AND HEARTLAND HEALTH/MOSAIC LIFE CARE MAKES NO GUARANTEE OF ANY PARTICULAR RESPONSE TIME TO ANY INQUIRY YOU MAKE. ACCORDINGLY, IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THIS SITE FOR ASSISTANCE, BUT SHOULD INSTEAD SEEK APPROPRIATE EMERGENCY MEDICAL ASSISTANCE. Please allow up to three (3) business days for a response to your e-mail if a response is appropriate. If you need to speak with someone immediately, please call (816) 271-6000 to speak with a Heartland/Mosaic representative. If it's an emergency, please dial 911. In order to protect your privacy any communication seeking medical advice, treatment, or attention must be directed to your physician within the secure messaging section of the site under “My Medical Record”. All other electronic communication posted on the Site, or its third parties, is done so at your sole discretion and without guarantee of Privacy. You acknowledge that electronic communication performed outside of “My Medical Record” is unsecure, not intend for and will not receive medical advice, treatment, or attention from Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care or its third parties. You agree that all communication performed on the Site will not embarrass, injure, harass, defame, or annoy any person or reflect negatively on Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care or its third parties. You may not communicate any material that is illegal, offensive, defamatory, abusive, harassing, or otherwise infringes upon the rights or privacy of others. The user agrees that Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care and its third parties may, without notice, remove any and all communication at their sole discretion.
- Governing Law. Your use of the Site, and any matters, disputes or controversies that relate to or arise out of your use of the Site, shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of Missouri, without regard to choice of laws principles.
- Information We Collect about You. We automatically collect certain information about you when you visit the Site. The information we collect is limited to the following:
- the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your computer and the domain name through which you accessed our Site. This information does not identify you personally, nor does it disclose your e-mail address; the type of web browser you used; when you visited; the specific pages at the Site you accessed; the web site you last visited before you visited this Site.
- We collect this information not to attempt to identify you personally but to understand who visits our Site, what portions of the Site are visited more frequently than others, and how the Site might be improved to make it more accessible and easier to navigate.
- We use "cookies" to collect and remember certain information that allows us to recognize you as a return visitor to the Site and to make navigating our site easier for you. Cookies are small bits of information created by our web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. If you do not want to receive cookies, you may block them by changing the browser settings on your computer. Information you enter about yourself may be treated as protected health information which is subject to our Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Account Termination. Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care may terminate the My Mosaic Portal at any time. Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care may terminate or suspend your access to My Mosaic Portal and may delete your account, at any time, without providing notice to you.
- Feedback. Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care welcomes your suggestions to improve the My Mosaic Portal. If you provide feedback to Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care, you agree that such feedback, including all ideas and concepts within the feedback, shall be the property of Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care, if required by Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care, you agree to assign to Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care your ownership rights in the feedback.
- Copyrights. All of the Content on the Site is protected by United States copyright laws. This means that you may use the Content only as these terms permit, and you may not change any of the Content, or incorporate any of it into any other form or medium, without Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care’s written permission. You may not remove or change any copyright notice on any Content Trademarks. You are not authorized to copy or use the name Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care, its logo or any affiliates logo, or any other trademark or service mark that may be found on or through the Site, unless, and only if, it is a part of separate written information you download from the Site. What this means is that if you download a page or an article from this Site, and that page contains, along with other information, the name Heartland Health/Mosaic Life Care, its or an affiliates' logo or another trademark or service mark, you may use that page as permitted by these terms, but you may not use the name, logo or mark separately from that material.