You have a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network on your side.
Mosaic Life Care is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, a membership only available to hospitals with the highest level of patient-centered care. Being part of this network allows Mosaic Life Care doctors the ability to:
- Conveniently consult with other experts in their field and access resources of the #1 ranked hospital in the nation, Mayo Clinic.
- Incorporate the insights, research and diagnostic recommendations of Mayo Clinic to create a treatment plan personalized to your needs.
- Easily get a second opinion from a Mayo Clinic specialist.
- Access and use all of these resources at no additional cost to you.
What resources are available to Mosaic Life Care doctors through the Mayo Clinic Care Network?
As a member of Mayo Clinic Care Network, your doctor has several ways to access Mayo Clinic expertise:
- AskMayoExpert – An online medical reference tool that offers disease management, care guidelines, treatment recommendations, patient education and reference materials for a wide variety of medical conditions.
- eConsults – An electronic consultation service that connects doctors directly with Mayo Clinic specialists when they feel additional input will benefit their patient.
- Inpatient Telephone Consults —An informal telephone conversation, provider to provider, regarding the treatment of a hospitalized patient that requires semi-urgent to urgent intervention. This conversation can be used to assist in the diagnosis or management of patient care.
- eBoards – Live video conferences to promote educational and informal discussions on the management of complex cases with a Mayo Clinic multidisciplinary panel and other providers within the network. Mayo Clinic eBoards encompass five tumor specialties and one focused on inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- Mayo Clinic Patient Education – A library of materials that includes patient education print pieces within AskMayoExpert and a selection of patient education videos online.
- Mayo Clinic Grand Rounds – Archived presentations by Mayo Clinic doctors and scientists in a variety of specialties are available on-demand for viewing. Many offer CME credit.
- Health Care Consulting — A program designed to share Mayo’s experience and expertise and help achieve desired levels of clinical, operational and patient care excellence.
“Our relationship with Mayo Clinic is based on cooperation and collaboration to improve the health of the people in our region.”
– Mosaic Life Care President and CEO Mark Laney, MD.
World-class expertise close to home, means you can be even more confident in the quality and convenience of Mosaic Life Care.
Mayo Clinic Care Network FAQs
What does it mean to be a member of the Mayo Clinic Network?
The Mayo Clinic Care Network connects Mosaic Life Care doctors to Mayo Clinic specialists and resources. This collaboration allows us to bring Mayo Clinic knowledge and expertise to our region so you’re assured of the finest care anywhere. Together, we share a common philosophy, commitment and mission to improve the delivery of health care you receive. Our primary goal is to provide you with the benefits of Mayo Clinic expertise close to home.
How do your doctors work together with Mayo Clinic doctors?
Our doctors have had close working relationships with Mayo Clinic’s doctors for years. This collaboration takes the relationship to an even higher level; as a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, our doctors have access to tools including AskMayoExpert, eConsults, eTumor Boards and more.
Will patients see a Mayo Clinic doctor?
No. Whenever possible, we want to provide care close to home. Through the network, our doctors have unique access to Mayo Clinic knowledge and expertise. The connections we have with Mayo Clinic are shared with patients through their doctor.
Does Mayo Clinic own Mosaic Life Care?
No, we are locally owned and operated. Our focus is to connect in innovative ways to deliver the best possible care to patients when and where they need it. Our connection with Mayo Clinic enhances the relationship that has been in place for many years.
What are eConsults?
eConsults help our doctors connect quickly with a Mayo Clinic expert to get input on a specific question about our patients. This connection helps our patients receive the benefit of Mayo Clinic knowledge and expertise.
What is AskMayoExpert and how does it work?
AskMayoExpert is a state-of-the-art tool that Mosaic Life Care doctors can use to access Mayo Clinic’s knowledge in disease management, clinical care guidelines, treatment recommendations and reference materials for a variety of medical conditions.
Are patients’ records safe when exchanging information?
We take patient privacy very seriously and have many safeguards in place to protect your health information. Anything shared with Mayo Clinic related to your care plan is sent through a secure connection. Mayo Clinic has a secure, confidential electronic medical record (EMR). We can assure you that all patients’ medical records remain safe, secure and confidential.
What does it cost patients if their doctor talks to a doctor at Mayo Clinic? Will they receive a charge from the Mayo Clinic doctor?
If your doctor requests a second opinion (eConsult) for advice on your care, you will not be charged.
How much does Mosaic Life Care pay to be a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network? Does this add expense for patients?
The financial details of this agreement are confidential. Per the formal agreement between Mosaic Life Care and Mayo Clinic, patients are not charged an additional fee when their doctor consults with a Mayo Clinic doctor about their care.
Does membership in the Mayo Clinic Care Network mean that my case will be automatically referred to or reviewed by Mayo Clinic?
No. Case referral and review is decided by your doctor on an individual need basis. The main goal of our collaboration with Mayo Clinic is to give Mosaic Life Care doctors access to the best supporting resources, in order to help treat patients in the best way possible. It allows us to incorporate the world-class insight of Mayo Clinic to continue delivering outstanding care, close to home.