Join us for our Bariatric Support group series in 2016-2017.
First Sunday of each month
Thrive and Flourish conference rooms, Mosaic Life Care
- July 2017 – Measuring “wellness”
- August 2017 – Intestinal function
- September 2017 – Fall activities
- October 2017 – Food journals
- November 2017 – What’s new in nutrition?
- December 2017 – The holiday table
- January 2018 – Fresh review of healthy routine
- February 2018 – Food labels
- March 2018 – The stomach outlet; what’s so tricky?
- April 2018 – Artificial sweeteners
- May 2018 – Introduction to yoga
- June 2018 – Getting ready for summer activity
Alternatives for support are encouraged for all patients, but especially for those whom distance or transportation issues are a hardship; these include Weight Watchers, TOPS (Take off/Keep off Pounds Sensibly), Overeaters Anonymous, and various web sites including ObesityHelp.com, Loselt.com, sparkpeople.com and the commercial sites for Ethicon and Covidien.
Patients are advised that regular attendance (>6/year) at a support group can enhance weight management to a statistically-significant degree in our program, and are urged to attend.
Gastric Band/Sleeve/Bypass: Hosted by Becky Bucher, RD, LD
Second and Fourth Tuesday of every month
5 – 6 p.m.
Mosaic Life Care at St. Joseph, Medical Center
Imagine and Possibilities conference rooms
For more information, please call (816) 271-6155.
You can also send us a message online.