Take the Crime and Older Adults Quiz
Being the victim of a crime is never pleasant, but older adults need to take special precautions.
1. Older adults are more likely than younger adults to be attacked by strangers.
2. One of the best ways to protect yourself at home is to lock your doors.
3. Never open your door unless you've looked to see who is there.
4. A good way to keep track of valuables is to mark them in some way.
5. If you receive a monthly pension check or check from Social Security, arrange to have it deposited directly into your checking or savings account.
6. How you dress doesn't matter to a thief.
7. If a business offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
8. Family and friends can also prey on older adults.
Diseases And Conditions