Providing Comfort, Compassion and Support
Home Care Services for You and Your Loved Ones
When it’s possible, home is the best place to be when recovering from a medical condition or dealing with a chronic or terminal illness. That’s why we have created Home Care Services.
We’re dedicated to bringing compassion, expertise, respect and support to you or a loved one in the comfort of their own home, while decreasing the cost of care if hospitalization isn’t needed.
Let’s start by walking you through everything you need to know about how Home Care Services work and what you can expect.
When are Home Care Services appropriate?
Home Care Services may be appropriate if you or a loved one is:
- Has a chronic condition (e.g., heart failure, COPD, diabetes)
- Has had a severe injury requiring rehabilitation (e.g., stroke, loss of arm or leg, severe burns)
- Suffers from severe wounds (e.g., non-healing wounds, bed sores, have had an ostomy surgery)
- Is in the last stages of a terminal illness
How is the process started?
It’s important to note that Home Care Services do not replace your current doctor. The process of starting Home Care Service is simple:
- Your doctor may need to write an order for Home Care Services.
- You choose a home care provider.
- A nurse will visit your or your loved one’s home and conduct an interview to develop a plan based on:
- Discharge/doctor instructions
- Diagnosis and symptoms
- Conditions and other considerations
- The nurse will then get the plan approved with your doctor and share it with your care team.
- Your team will follow the plan and report progress/developments to your doctor.
How are the services covered?
When ordered by your doctor, Home Care Services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most commercial insurance plans. We will research your situation and work with you to determine your insurance coverage for Home Care Services.
Home Care Built on 40 Years of Excellence.
Accredited and award-winning for outstanding and compassionate care, our Home Care Services program has been serving the region for 40 years. Our team is made up of registered nurses, licensed therapists, qualified medical social workers and trained home care professionals.
We are also the only organization to offer the following combination of services in the region:
- Certified wound care nursing
- Psychiatric home care
- Certified Lymphedema occupational therapists
- CHF and post surgery specialty care
- 24/7 nurse availability
Choose Mosaic Life Care when you or a loved one needs world-class home care services.
To learn more about Home Health, call (816) 271-7593.
To learn more about Care at Home, call (816) 271-7848.